List of free economic zones
- Navoi FEZ
- Angren FEZ
- Jizzakh FEZ
- Urgut FEZ
- Gijduvan FEZ
- Kokand FEZ
- Namangan FEZ
- Hazarasp FEZ
- Termez FEZ
- Nukus-pharm FEZ
- Zomin-pharm FEZ
- Kosonsoy-pharm FEZ
- Sirdaryo-pharm FEZ
- Boysun-pharm FEZ
- Bustonlik-pharm FEZ
- Parkent-pharm FEZ
- Andijan -pharm FEZ
- Charvak FTZ
- Balik FEZ
- Sirdaryo FEZ
- Bukhoro-agro FEZ
- Chirokchi FEZ
Benefits and preferences in the free economic zones
In accordance with the Decree of the President of the Republic of Uzbekistan of 26.10.2016. No.DP-4853, enterprises-participants of free economic zones (hereinafter – the FEZ) are exempt from payment:
- land tax, income tax, tax on property of legal entities, tax on improvement and development of social infrastructure, single tax payment for microfirms and small enterprises, as well as mandatory contributions to the Republican Road Fund and extra-budgetary Fund for reconstruction, overhaul and equipment of secondary schools, professional colleges, academic lyceums and medical institutions under the Ministry of Finance of the Republic of Uzbekistan;
- customs payments (except for customs clearance fees) for equipment, raw materials and components imported for their own production needs;
- customs payments (except for customs clearance fees) for construction materials not produced in the republic and imported within the framework of projects, according to lists approved by the Cabinet of Ministers of the Republic of Uzbekistan;
Benefits in the free economic zone are granted for a period from 3 to 10 years depending on the amount of investments made, including the equivalent (USD):
- from 300 thousand dollars to 3 million dollars – for a period of 3 years;
- from 3 million dollars to 5 million dollars – for a period of 5 years;
- from 5 million dollars to 10 million dollars – for a period of 7 years;
- from 10 million dollars and above – for a period of 10 years, with application of the profit tax rate and the single tax payment in the amount of 50% below the current rates for the next 5 years.
The enterprises participating in the FEZ are exempt from paying for the entire period of activity of free economic zones from paying customs duties (except for customs clearance fees) on imported raw materials, materials and components in terms of products sent for export.
The state provides a guaranteed connection of enterprises-participants of the FEZ to the engineering and communication networks with timely connection to the production sites and their uninterrupted functioning.
The procedure for consideration and approval of investment projects in the territory of free economic zones
1.The selection of investment projects for placement in the FEZ is carried out in accordance with the Regulations on the procedure for the selection of investment projects for placement on the territory of the FEZ and registration of participants of the FEZ (hereinafter – the Regulation), approved by the resolution of the Cabinet of Ministers of January 16, 2018 No. 29.
2.The decision by the administrative councils to implement the project on the territory of free economic zones is carried out only if there is a positive conclusion of the State Unitary Enterprise “Center for Comprehensive Expertise and Import Contracts under the Ministry of Economy and Industry of the Republic of Uzbekistan” (hereinafter – the Center) on business plans or feasibility studies of ongoing projects;
3.The deadline for issuing the opinion of the Center on business plans or feasibility studies of ongoing projects shall not exceed twenty calendar days; The general term for consideration by administrative councils of investment applications for locating production on the territory of free economic zones shall not exceed thirty calendar days, including the process of issuing the Center’s opinion, in accordance with the Decree of the President of the Republic of Uzbekistan “On measures to further improve the system of coordination and management of free economic zones 21.12.2018 No. PD-5600.
That is, the investor submits to the Directorate of the FEZ a filled investment application for the placement of production in the territory of the FEZ with its attachment:
- information on the availability of state registration of a legal entity (investor) or other document confirming activities of this investor;
- business plan of the proposed investment project;
- information confirming the experience of the investor in the relevant field and/or the implementation of similar investment projects (if any);
- information on the financial and economic activities of the investor over the past three years.
All documents are submitted by the investor to the Directorate with translation in the state or Russian language certified in the prescribed manner. The investor is responsible for the accuracy of the information and documents submitted.
The Administrative Council considers the submitted investment applications and business plans and, based on the results, makes a decision on the possibility of implementing the project on the territory of the FEZ or on the need to finalize the submitted documents or the inexpediency of the investment project implementation on the territory of the FEZ.
2.The business plan submitted to the Directorate should reflect the following basic information:
- information about the organization of a legal entity (hereinafter – the applicant) or its founders, their experience in the relevant field and in implementation of a similar investment project;
- the number of jobs created indicating the sources of hiring personnel (local – college graduates, persons sent by the labor exchange, employees of other organizations, and involvement of specialists from abroad);
- the name, specificity and volumes of products planned for production;
- estimated prices and markets for products, indicating the volume of supplies to domestic and foreign markets;
- marketing research of internal and external sales markets of planned products;
- availability of raw materials and a guaranteed opportunity of providing raw materials for the period of the investment project implementation, with a separate indication of local and imported materials, components;
- calculations of the level of localization of production and changes in the commodity position of the final product according to the code of the commodity nomenclature of foreign economic activity of the Republic of Uzbekistan (code on CN FTA version 2017) compared with the initial raw material at the level of one of the first 4 characters;
- logistics and transportation of necessary for the production of resources and finished products;
- necessary volumes and parameters of engineering and communications support (electricity, natural gas, drinking and industrial water, sewage, road) for the implementation of the investment project and the stable operation of production;
- the presence of industrial emissions, indicating the types and volumes of gases, solid and liquid waste;
- the estimated size of the required area for the rational placement of production;
- a preliminary scheme for placement of production indicating the location of the main production workshop, equipment and production line, administrative building, storage and other auxiliary premises;
- description of the production technology (taking into account environmental requirements) with a list of technological equipment, manufacturers, suppliers and countries;
- characteristics of the technological equipment to be used in production, as well as the management system used in the investment project that meets international standards;
- estimated volumes, type and terms of making investments, sources of financing and estimated collateral in case of attracting a loan;
- financial and economic calculations and indicators of the economic efficiency of the investment project.
3.The Directorate within 2 working days considers the submitted investment application and the documents attached thereto for compliance with the requirements of paragraphs 6 and 7 of the Regulation of the Cabinet of Ministers of 16.01.2018. No. 29
4.Investment applications filed in violation of the requirements of paragraphs 6 and 7 of the Regulation of the resolution of the Cabinet of Ministers of 16.01.2018. No. 29, returned to the investor without consideration, indicating the identified deficiencies.